Friday, September 25, 2009

AHhhhhhh India!!!!

Greetings from India!
I made it safely and i love it here so far! The flight over wasn't too bad. Mumbai was a little confusing but it all worked out. The drive from the airport to where we are staying was about 5 hours. People drive pretty crazy here. On the drive, we saw cows, wild dogs, goats, camels and MONKEYS! I was very excited to see monkeys... :)
So getting over the jet lag has been difficult. We got in at around 9:30 am on thursday. We didn't have much to do and we were so tired we couldn't stay up. so we napped for a little bit in the afternoon. And shortly after dinner (7:30pm ish) we went to bed. At 12:00 am we all woke up and were totally awake. but an hour or two later we fell back asleep and woke up for breakfast. Today we're determined to stay up until at least 8 pm.
today we took a tour of the hospital that we are staying near. My favorite part was the Rehab center for Leprosy patients where they teach them skills to make a living. This includes weaving, printmaking and other cool artsy stuff. :D!!!! I hope to volunteer there so I can learn how they do things.
So far the food has been very good. Not too spicy.
In other news, it's hot. and humid. 100 degrees F to be exact. It says it feels like 113 with the humidity. Luckily here there is a lot of shade and it circulates the air around pretty well..but yeah. still pretty hot if ya ask me!
Tomorrow we are going shopping and doing an orientation at the place we're vonlunteering at. I can't wait to see all those kids! :D
Well I think that's all I have to say for now. I can be contacted via email : Loveneverceasing@yahoo.com or i have a cell phone here that i can recieve calls for no charge so it would require a calling card. Email or facebook me to get the number. :)

Love,
Delia

7 comments:

  1. Delia, I am so happy you are there and that the journey went smoothly! That jet lag is something else isn't it!! A couple of days and you should be back up to speed. Glad you love it... Sounds like a match made in heaven! :)
    This blog is great... we can see India through your eyes :)
    Love you and praying for you!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delia! Glad our prayers for your safety were answered! Thanks for updating the blog. Can't wait to hear more of your stories!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo happy you are there and safe and happy!! Can't wait to keep reading about your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, I am so happy you are there safe and sound! What kind of Monkey's... Praying for you and already missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monkeys! I feel cheated! How come I never saw any monkeys on the road for the 20 years I lived there! :D
    Glad you are over the jet lag :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Delia,
    So glad everything is going well there. Praying for you and looking forward to seeing some pictures of all those beautiful children there. Maybe of some Monky's too ,>D.
    Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete